|FOX 17 INFORMER|
Subway Student Athlete of the Week Official Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this promotion, nominees and nominators must be Iowa residents who are 13 years of age or older, reside in the KDSM viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KDSM LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KDSM (the “Station”), SUBWAY®, and Doctor's Associates Inc.© and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one nomination per person each week. Nominees may receive more than one nomination, provided such nominations are made by different individuals.
(b) To enter, log onto www.kdsm17.com and complete the online nomination form or hand print your name, address, phone number, and birth date and nominee’s name, high school, sport(s) and why they should be nominated as the student athlete of the week on a postcard and mail it to KDSM FOX 17 c/o Subway SAOTW, 4023 Fleur Drive, Des Moines, Iowa 50321. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. Online entries are also limited to one entry per household.
(c) The promotion starts on Monday, September 1, 2014, and ends on June 16, 2015. Entries must be received by 12:00 am CST each Sunday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly selection held on the following day. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, online entry failure, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Each week during the Nomination Period, one (1) student athlete will be selected by the Station based on the following criteria: academic achievement, athletic achievement, and community involvement. The Station is not required to select a weekly student athlete in the event it does not receive sufficient nominations from which to make a selection.
(e) All entries/nominations received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries/nominations become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) weekly student athlete will be selected during the Nomination Period for a total of 45 student athletes. Each student athlete will be featured in a newscast on a date and time as determined by the Station. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. One (1) weekly student athlete will receive one (1) Subway gift certificate. Prize is valued at $5. The prize is subject to Subway’s terms and conditions for gift cards.
2. Weekly student athlete may be notified by phone and will be announced on the FOX 17 News at Nine. Winner of Subway gift certificate will be notified by email. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility in person, which must be received within 5 business days of notification, at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner must show picture identification to claim prize. Winner must show picture identification to claim prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the weekly student athlete cannot be notified within 24 hours or does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, then then another valid nominee may be selected, time permitting. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Station. If the Subway gift certificate winner cannot be notified within 5 days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. KDSM LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. KDSM LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that KDSM LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 4023 Fleur Dr. Des Moines, IA 50321 and on the Station’s website at www.KDSM.com.
3. For a list of the winner of this contest/prize, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KDSM, 4023 Fleur Dr. Des Moines, IA 50321 by May 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KDSM LLC, SUBWAY®, and Doctor's Associates Inc.© accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
Tonight on FOX 17
10:00am FOX NFL Kickoff
11:00am FOX NFL Sunday
12:00pm NFL on FOX: Vikings @ Falcons
3:00pm NFL on FOX: Post Game
3:30pm College Football Playoff Preview
4:30pm Family Feud
5:00pm Mike & Molly
5:30pm The Big Bang Theory
6:00pm Breakthrough Prize Ceremony
7:00pm The Simpsons
7:30pm Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas
8:00pm Family Guy
8:30pm Last Man on Earth
9:00pm 13 News at Nine on FOX 17
9:30pm The Big Bang Theory
10:30pm Ring of Honor Wrestling
11:30pm 2 Broke Girls