|FOX 17 INFORMER|
Pie-A-Day Giveaway Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Iowa residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the KDSM viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KDSM LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KDSM (the “Station”), Village Inn, American Blue Ribbon Holdings, LLC, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per person. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To enter, text “PIE” to the short code 91217. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 91217 to cancel. Text HELP to 91217 for help. By entering, entrants consent to receive up to 2 messages relating to this contest, from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on December 16, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on December 22, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. CST each day during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) Each day during the Contest Period, three (3) winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of twenty-one (21) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next daily drawing.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Twenty-one (21) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive a gift certificate for a whole pie from Village Inn. The prize is valued at $15. Prize must be redeemed by January 10, 2014.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification, at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 5 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. KDSM LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. KDSM LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that KDSM LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 4023 Fleur Drive, Des Moines, IA 50321 and on the Station’s website at kdsm17.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 4023 Fleur Drive, Des Moines, IA 50321 by December 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KDSM LLC, Village Inn, and American Blue Ribbon Holdings, LLC, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.