|FOX 17 INFORMER|
FOX 17 Informer - Text Club - Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must i) be a member of KDSM’s text club “FOX 17 Informer” (how to register described below), ii) be Iowa residents who are 18 years of age or older, and iii) reside in the KDSM viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KDSM LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KDSM (the “Station”), Sponsors, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant per day. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the registration with “FOX 17 Informer” is considered the entrant.
(b) To register to become a “FOX17 Informer”, text key word “FOX17” to 84126 or log on to KDSM.com, click on the “FOX17 Informer” page link, and fill in your mobile phone number. Each registrant must verify his/her age in order for their registration to become effective.
(c) The contest starts on July 6, 2009 and shall continue until such date the Station determines in its sole and absolute discretion, as posted on the Stations website and/or a text notice of termination is sent to FOX 17 Informer members on record. From time to time, FOX 17 Informers will receive text messages advising of a contest to win a prize. FOX 17 Informers will be notified of the prize at the time a text message is sent and provided and opportunity to “opt-in” to the contest. The prize and prize details will also be posted on the FOX 17 Informer contest page located at [KDSM.com].
(d) Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected texts or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if the text message is not received. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(e) Winners will be randomly selected on Mondays.
(f) All entries received that are tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. The number of winners for a particular drawing, Sponsors, prizes, additional prize limitations (if any), and prize values will be posted on the FOX 17 Informer contest page [KDSM.com].
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility in person, which must be received within 5 business days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will not be awarded, and will remain the property of the Station. The Station reserves the right to give away the prize in a future contest.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. KDSM LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. KDSM LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that KDSM LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 4023 Fleur Dr. Des Moines, IA 50321 and at KDSM.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KDSM, 4023 Fleur Dr. Des Moines, IA 50321 within two weeks after the drawing and specify which giveaway.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KDSM LLC, and Sponsors accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.